I have been involved with the Advertising Federation of Minnesota (AAF) since high school, when I joined the organization after attending the Student Advertising Summit and trying to identify what I might want to study in college.
Since then, I have held various roles on their board:
- Vice President of Ad2, Ad2 Board Member (2016-2017)
- Chair of Mentorship, Ad Fed Board Member (2015-2016)
- Mentorship Committee Member (2014-2015)
- Ad Fed Member (2012-2014)
You can learn more about my experience with Ad2 on their blog.
As Mentorship Chair, my responsibilities included:
- Planning three Mentorship events each year
- Managing an events committee
- Finding and connecting with mentors
- Coordinating event logistics (location, food, etc.)
- Redesigning mentor nameplates
- Designing event handouts
- Ensuring that the events run smoothly!